The Omron CP1 series of programmable logic controllers consist of three different units. CP1E is the cost effective unit, CP1L is the high performing controller that can come with embedded Ethernet and the CP1H is the position control and comprehensive programmable logic controller.
We will be looking a the CP1H for this series, but a majority of the information can be applied to the CP1E and the CP1L controllers as well.
Let’s start by looking at the CP1H hardware.
The CP1 series is designed with the same basic architecture as the CS and CJ Series. The special I/O units and CPU bus units of the CJ series can then be used. Always use CPM1A expansions units and CPM1A expansion I/O units when expanding the I/O capacity.
This is the start of the Omron CP1H Series to get you familiar with this programmable logic controller. (PLC)
This series on the Omron Sysmac CP1H Controller (PLC) will go step by step through learning how to use this innovative unit.
There are several reasons why we are using the Omron CP1H Controller. Here are just a few.
– Standalone PLC with built in I/O
– Communication ability – Ethernet Port, RS232, RS485 – support for protocols such as Modbus, Host Link, ASCII (No Protocol)
– Built in Analog inputs and outputs
– 4 axis control of motion
– 4 high speed counters
– powerful instruction set (similar to CS anc CJ series)
– Ability to expand the system with a variety of modules